Friday, July 29, 2011

Embrace Books closes

Yesterday was a sad day for Embrace authors with the news of Embrace Books' closure. My book, Bound to Love, was one of the launch titles, along with a group of fabulous books from equally fabulous authors, launched on 14th Feb 2011.
The ebook has gone from Amazon - although some print copies are still listed. The rights have reverted to me, and I am letting it lie for a while, considering this book's future.

The best thing about being involved with Embrace is the wonderful writers I have become friends with on this short time together as Embrace authors. Published, unpublished and in edits stage, and those newly contracted - all these authors have bright careers ahead of them. I raise my glass to them. Good writing will prevail through challenging times.

As for me - I'm working on edits on my next book, and writing my wip.
The only way is up!

16 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that Embrace has closed Sally. I wish you so much luck with your next books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Rebecca. I appreciate your comment.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that! All the best with your WIP and, you're right... it's only up from here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally, sad to hear about the closure. At least you received your rights back quickly. Good luck with all your future releases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Hugs) Sally. I hope Bound to Love will reappear on Amazon someday soon. Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Lacey! Yup, positive thinking ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry that your book has been taken down, Sally. But I agree: the best part of this whole saga has been the friends we've made. We're in it together, for the rest of our writing careers (and a true writer will never stop - so we're in it forever).

    Best, Madeline x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, Madeline. It's a small hiccup, nothing more. We'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your writing, Sally. The publishing world is changing so fast, I know there are so many good things on the horizon for Embrace authors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sad to hear about that, Sally. Hugs from me too. Man this business sucks sometimes huh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Phillipa, Suz and Jackie, thanks for the hugs and comisserations, guys. I've been wallowing for the past few days - but the time for wallowing I guess is through, and I'll have to climb back onto the horse and gallop off into the sunset. Making some decisions, and getting my ass back in gear...
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,

    That's bad news indeed, because there are so few independent romance publishers in the UK. The very fact that Jane has done so well with her two self-pubbed Regency novels on Amazon, shows that Indie Romance can be a success story. So why has Embrace thrown the baby out with the bath water so soon?

    If rights have reverted to you why not keep it up at Amazon on Kindle and put it through Createspace. Kindle isn't that hard to do. There's a tutorial at http://fridaynightwriters.blogspot.com see top bar.

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Francine. I'm planning to self publish, and will be announcing details in the next week or so.

    ReplyDelete