Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What's next?

Well, January's over. An absolutely fabulous one for me. I sold over 3,000 books, which is a lot more than I'd sold in the past eighteen months combined.

So now it's a new month. No more from me about sales. Instead, I thought I'd mention my next project. I'm working with my editor on edits for a new book, The Morning After while my cover designer does her magic on a fab cover. The Morning After will be out by March - and I'm really excited about it. Here's a bit about it. I'm looking for people to review it once it's out, so if anyone would like an early copy, just let me know either by contacting me through my comments link, or by giving a shout out in the comments, and I'll send you one when it's ready.

The Morning After

A mortifying incident in her youth has shaken sense into Cara Byrne. No more bad-boys. No more getting arrested. Instead, hard work and good behaviour has earned her a job teaching at the local Boys Secondary School, and a proposal from a worthy man. So what if he doesn’t exactly light her fire – surely passion is overrated?
When her friend since childhood, Ethan Quinn, storms back into the small Irish village he left to pursue a career as a Hollywood action hero, she’s stunned to discover she’s as susceptible to his lethal charm as every woman in the world. And when a compromising photograph floods the media of them in a clinch, her almost fiancĂ© reveals his true colours, CarEthan starts trending on twitter, and she loses her job, could anyone blame her if she accepts his invitation to hide out at his Malibu beach house?
Ethan loves women, but never lets his girlfriends into his heart. He’s failed at being there in the past, and won’t put his heart on the line for anyone, ever again. But Cara’s a different matter – and when passionate attraction is added to his friendship with the one person he’s always confided in, he’s thrown for a loop. Cara’s lost everything, and like it or not, he’s responsible. There’s no fighting the attraction that blazes between them – but when the month long affair is over, will he be able to let her go?

And just for good measure, I'm throwing in a picture of my hero inspiration for Ethan Quinn. He's an Irish actor turned Hollywood movie star....and darned yummy! (Thanks for the inspiration, Colin!)

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on all your sales, Sally!! May there be many, many more this month :)

    Now, excuse me while I oogle Ethan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super congrats on your fab January, Sally! I love the sound of The Morning After and can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a month! And The Morning After sounds fantastic, too. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, is there something you're not telling us, Sally ;)
    Just kiddin'. Seems like January is the month where a good book and a warm fire go a long way. Well done, sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to say he is gorgeous. lol... Yum Scrum. :)

    ReplyDelete